Graham Leonard King RBSA
Click on images to enlarge.
1. The hedge is defined, and the base colour added to a simple outline cartoon.
2. A basic tree shape is added to balance the composition.
3. Detail is added to refine the trunk and branches.
4. The sheep are then under-painted.
5. Detail is added to solidify the bodies.
6. The fleece is brushed with snow.
7. Final details are added to the sheep's head and distant fields are defined.
8. Details to the snow are completed, and it's finished. ' DRIFT ' acrylic on wooden panel 42 x 39 x 2 ins 166 x 99 x 5 cms